1. SPONSOR. The Read the Label Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by AminoFacts, 1 East Erie St, Suite 525, Chicago, IL 60611 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to permanent, legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Not valid in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, or wherever prohibited by law. Officers, directors, agents and employees of Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. Sweepstakes begins March 1st, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. CST and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on April 30th, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). No purchase is necessary to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
Visit aminofacts.org/sweeps and enter your name, phone number, email address and the brand name and product name of a supplement containing one or more amino acid that is available for retail sale in the United States. AminoFacts will review the product to determine how its amino acids were sourced and manufactured. You can enter up to five (5) brands, and each will be considered a separate entry.
To Enter by Mail:
To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, hand print your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, daytime telephone number, e-mail address, and verify age eligibility on a 3″x5″ card or postcard, and mail your completed card with the above stated required information to: Read the Label Sweeps, c/o AminoFacts, 1 East Erie St, Suite 525, Chicago, IL 60611.
By correctly completing the foregoing, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes subject to the terms of these Official Rules. Limit five (5) entries per person, household address and/or unique email address during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method(s) of entry. Any entries received in excess of this maximum will be disqualified. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 pm CST on APRIL 30th, 2021 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES. ALL MAIL-IN ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY APRIL 30th, 2021 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
Beginning on or about March 1st, 2021, one (1) winner will be randomly selected and chosen by Sponsor from among all eligible entries. Sponsor will make at least two (2) attempts to notify each potential winner via email address submitted at the time of entry. Each potential winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, an IRS W-9 form, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Sweepstakes Documents”) within thirty (30) days of accepting the prize. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner(s) may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner cannot be reached, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Once all required Sweepstakes documents have been correctly completed and received from a potential winner, per these Official Rules, the potential winner shall be an official “Prize Winner” of the Contest. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for a prize (or parts thereof) by a Prize Winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability for any reason, a comparable prize will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities related to the value of the prize awarded are the responsibility of the Prize Winners.
6. ODDS AND PRIZES: Odds of winning a prize are determined by and depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize winner will receive a twelve (12) month supply of either any product for whom AminoFacts has conducted a “Decode the Label” review.
The prizes will be distributed upon receipt of prize verification documents.
A prize won by a minor, or by an individual eighteen (18) years of age or older but considered a minor in his or her legal jurisdiction of residency, will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
7. CONDITIONS. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, photograph, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators: (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, all prize providers, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other person or entity involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize suppliers that are sent along with any prize; (c) if selected as a winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on Facebook , Twitter and/or aminofacts.org, and the use by Released Parties of such name, and entrant’s voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner or winners, in its sole discretion, in a random drawing(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at aminofacts.org. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
9. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE RULES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. THE VENUE FOR ANY MEDIATION OR ARBITRATION SHALL BE IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, AND THE VENUE FOR LEGAL PROCEEDING SHALL BE IN THE APPLICABLE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS GOVERNING COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY A SINGLE ARBITRATOR OF SPONSOR’S SOLE CHOICE. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: After confirmations of winners and prizes have been claimed, winners will be announced on the AminoFacts social media channels and/or online at aminofacts.org.
11. Privacy. Any information collected by registering to enter the Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Rules available at aminofacts.org/sweeps-rules