Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides
- Sourcing – Animal, usually bovine hide
- Animal Treatment – Grass-fed and pasture raised, it is not clear whether the brand conforms to higher levels of humane animal treatment.
- Label Transparency – Contains relevant information laid out with easy-to-understand text and symbols.
- Manufacturing Processes – This product is hydrolyzed, meaning it was probably manufactured using chemicals that can be harsh on the environment
NOTE: the call center representative claimed that the company’s hydrolysis process used a method that did not require chemicals; we have not been able to verify the validity of this statement and have scored it as we score Hydrolysis for other brands.
- Lab Testing – The manufacturer claims that its ingredients are tested for traces of materials such as chemicals and pesticides.
- Certifications – Unknown. Await confirmation from the manufacturer. No response results in a score of “zero”. Updates to the rating will be made upon receipt of certification information.